Is 2021 the year you become one of our Award Winners?
Big Sustainability Awards 2021
Nominations are now open!
Complete your Entry Form
We are behind you all the way!
The Southern Sustainability Partnership Big Sustainability Award Nominations 2020/21
To be held on the evening of the Gala Dinner
28th October 2021
St Marys Stadium Southampton
Be a Part of it!
PRINT OR EMAIL US YOUR 2021 ENTRY FORM HERE
The Southern Sustainability Partnership Big Sustainability Award Nominations 2021
Nominations entry deadline: 31st July 2021
Your Chosen Award Category See list attached.
Your Organisation Name:
Your Organisation Address:
Your Organisation Contact:
Your Contact Number:
Your Email Address:
What sector does your organisation operate within?
What role does your organisation play? (Min 200 words)
What solution or project are you going to share?
What was the reason you developed your solution/project/service? (Minimum 200 words please)
How did you arrive at this?
Details of the solution/project – (Not less than 500 words please)
What are the benefits derived from your solution/project? – (Not less than 200 words please)
What are the statistical benefits in terms of savings, if applicable?
If applicable – are you able to quantify carbon savings?
Please feel free to include any other supporting information that you feel is important to your award entry.
We wish every one of our nominees the best of luck!
Gala Dinner Tickets
Please book your Gala Dinner Tickets as soon as possible as places are limited.
The event is designed as a celebration of what has been achieved in the sector, and so whether you are, or are not a finalist, this event is for you and will be packed with fun and networking on the night.
The night is also celebrating our partners at The Big Sustainability Expo. Award winners and finalists will be judged by your award ambassador. You will be notified if you have reached the final stage. Awards will be presented at the Gala Dinner.
For further information, please contact us via email@example.com or call us on 01202 971186
Award Sponsor opportunities may still be available
Please ask if you are interested in becoming an Award Sponsor to enjoy all the promotion for just £1,350.00
Award Categories 2021
* Finalists will be announced on 1st August 2021
1. Carbon Reduction Project of the year – This category recognises initiatives which have achieved significant reductions in the carbon footprint of an organi through – Energy consumption and source; Waste reduction, recycling and responsible disposal; Sustainable travel planning and management.
Applications must demonstrate real improvement, rather than activities such as foot- printing or setting of targets.
2. Circular Economy Innovation of the year – Open to any business, large or small, that has made a concerted effort to engage employees in green behaviour change and emission and waste reduction initiatives over the past year. Ambitious, innovative, and effective programmes that have raised awareness of environmental issues and demonstrably led to environmental performance improvements across the organisation. SOLD
3. Consultancy of the year – A consultancy or advisory firm that has helped organisations deliver substantial and quantifiable improvements in their environmental performance over the past year. Successful entries will show how green consultancies have helped clients navigate emerging trends and embrace the new technologies that drive green performance improvements, while also helping to promote new thinking on how to overcome environmental challenges.
4. Energy Efficiency Project of the year – This award is designed to recognise an organisation that has implemented a highly effective energy efficiency programme which takes into account the project itself, the internal management process, the technology or technologies used and the techniques that arrived at significant energy savings.
5. Product Innovation of the year – This award is designed to recognise breakthrough’s in products, solutions, expertise or technologies that are designed to have a positive impact on corporate sustainability, environmental management or social value. SOLD
6. Sustainability Leader of the year – This is the coveted award of the year, which aims to demonstrate true thought leadership in corporate sustainability. An individual who is driven by a passion to succeed, able to influence, guide, encourage and nurture a strategy through their organisation – despite its difficulties. We are looking for an individual who is moving corporate sustainability forward within their organisation and, in doing so, inspiring others to do the same. SOLD
7. Waste and Resource Management Project of the year – This award is designed to recognise an organisation that has implemented a waste management programme – or project which has resulted in a provable reduction in waste either on or off-site – or both. This could incorporate smart procurement reduced waste in the manufacturing process. SOLD
8. Water Management Project of the year – Projects that seek to solve water efficiency challenges and/or better understand the value of water efficiency interventions; projects will be given higher scores if peer reviewed and/or if efforts to implement results are demonstrated .
9. Transport/Fleet Management Initiative of the year – – This award is designed to recognise an initiative or solution which is making an impact on one of the UK’s greatest issues in reducing harmful emissions. This award will cover every aspect of transport, in whichever form it takes, with the ability to demonstrate tangible results. SOLD
10. Employee Engagement and behaviour Change Initiative of the year – Open to any business, large or small, that has made a concerted effort to engage employees in green behaviour change and emission and waste reduction initiatives over the past year. The judges are looking for ambitious, innovative, and effective programmes that have raised awareness of environmental issues and demonstrably led to environmental performance improvements across the organisation.
11.Sustainability Supply Chain of the Year – thisawardrecognisestheactionsand/or initiatives by those businesses that have used the B Corp framework to implement positive change in one or more these areas: governance, employees, the environment, customers, community. It is open to certified B Corps and companies that intend to become one in the next 12 months.
12. Social Value Project – The social value of our organisations has seen a rise in importance in recent years. This award is designed to recognise an initiative which is making a real difference in terms of either the workforce, the workspace or community impact.
13. Public Sector Sustainability Project of the year – This award recognises, rewards and promotes environmental best practice across the public sector in the UK. This organisation has shown how they have helped the environment and improved sustainability not only in their organisation, but their surrounding community. SOLD
14. Entrepreneur of the year – Open to any entrepreneur who has founded and run a successful green business, this award is aiming to celebrate the best in green entrepreneurship. The judges are looking for an individual who has demonstrated true entrepreneurship and took a risk to build a new, exciting, and innovative green business, and has delivered significant progress over the past year.
15. Project of the year in Education – recognize the important work that teachers, schools, and districts are doing to advance environmental sustainability; to create healthy and vibrant work and learning communities that enhance academic performance; and to foster intellectual growth, creativity, and innovation through an experiential program where students learn environmental stewardship and take action to reduce the school’s environmental footprint.
Book your Gala Dinner Tickets HERE